Home-made wonton soup. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and gently stir in the shrimp, bok choy, and reserved sliced mushrooms. Mix pork, green onions, egg, and hot sauce for wontons together in a bowl; season with pepper.
Big batches of wontons can be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick and yummy meal in minutes. In a large bowl, mix pork, soy sauce, chives, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sesame oil until fully incorporated. Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with. You can cook Home-made wonton soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home-made wonton soup
- You need 500 g of minced pork.
- You need 200 g of chopped shepherd's purse.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 10 g of chopped ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oyster oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Chinese pepper sauce.
- You need 10 g of salt.
- You need 1 quart of broth.
- Prepare 5 g of lard.
- You need 5 g of dried laver.
- You need 10 g of shredded egg crepe.
- It’s 5 g of dried shrimp.
- Prepare 5 g of chopped spring onions.
Place Broth ingredients in a saucepan over high heat. Add white ends of scallions/shallots if leftover from Wonton filling. Pick garlic and ginger out before using. Wonton soup recipe with dried flat fish.
Home-made wonton soup instructions
- Add a teaspoon of flour into the water and leave the shepherd’s purse to soak for 30mins before you wash it. Flour can make it easy for you to get rid of the dirt..
- Wring the shepherd’s purse before mixing it with minced pork or you will find the stuffing soggy..
- To make the wonton filling, finely chop the shepherd’s purse. Transfer to a basin and stir in the minced pork，egg, chopped ginger, oyster oil, Chinese pepper sauce and salt..
- .Lay the wonton wrappers on a work surface in a single layer and put about 1 tablespoon of the filling mixture in the centre of each. Fold each one into a rectangle..
- Bring the two bottom corners of the edge which hasn’t been sealed to meet in the centre..
- Secure with a little of water to hold in place..
- Cook the wontons in boiling water. Add another cup of cold water when they start to swim on the surface of boiling water. Cook the wontons until they flout onto the surface again..
- Transport the wontons to the heated broth and add lard, shred laver and chopped spring onions before serving. You can also add chili oil, coriander or sesame seed oil as you like..
The last recipe uses dried flat fish 扁鱼干 (bian yu gan). It is also a preserved fish made from small flounders but it is not as salty as salted fish and probably less fishy. This is a popular ingredient with the Cantonese. In a large stock pot, combine chicken stock, ginger, garlic cloves, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and green onions. Place lid on the pot and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.