Wontons. Drain the wontons on a paper towel. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard or sweet & sour sauce, as desired. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton.
In a bowl, mix the ground pork, shrimp, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper together. Stir to combine well to form a sticky filling. I usually make a large batch, freeze half on a floured baking sheet, then store in an airtight container. —Brianna Shade, Beaverton, Oregon Cook the wontons. You can have Wontons using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wontons
- You need of ground pork (the fattier the better).
- Prepare of tiger shrimp.
- It’s of chives.
- You need of cabbage leaves.
- Prepare of wonton wraps.
- It’s of shallots.
Put a small batch of wontons into the boiling water over high heat. When the water is boiling again, add a small amount of cold water to bring down to temperature. When the water is boiling for the second time, the wontons should have cooked and floated on the surface. Place them in a serving bowl.
Wontons step by step
- Devein shrimp and cut into 1/4" pieces. Add a pinch of salt, sugar, ground pepper and mix in bowl..
- Finely dice shallots, finely chop chives and cabbage and add ground pork. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and sugar, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, some ground pepper and mix in bowl..
- Add shrimp to pork mixture. Mix ingredients with hands until it's evenly distributed..
- Place meat mixture in centre of wrap, fold in half to form triangle and continue to fold from one corner to the other. Make sure wrap is firmly pressed so that it does not open when boiled. See https://youtu.be/saql1bWzdvc for other wrapping methods..
- Boil wontons. Should be enough to feed 4-6 adults..
- You can portion and freeze for meals later. Also makes a great addition to noodle soups..
Korean Wontons Korean wontons (called mandoo) are not hot and spicy like many of the traditional Korean dishes. Wrap cabbage in a double layer of paper towels; firmly squeeze out excess liquid. Return cabbage to bowl; add pork, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix chicken, egg, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and salt in a large bowl until evenly combined. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will knock your socks off.