Vegetarian wonton soup. Wonton soup Boil together vegetable stock and grated ginger. Add mushroom granules (or salt) to suit your taste. Add wontons to the soup, and cook until wonton floats, indicating that they are fully cooked.
This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast. Vegetarian Wonton Soup is delicious Street food from Hong Kong cuisine. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- You need of round wonton wraps.
- It’s of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- Prepare of small diced jicama.
- Prepare of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- It’s of small diced celery.
- It’s of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- It’s of diced cabbage.
- It’s of ground pepper.
- Prepare of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of large carrot cut like flower.
- Prepare of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- It’s of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients. Add napa cabbage, carrots, snow peas, and green onions. Vegetarian wontons are a delight to eat in this light, fragrant soup (Tom McCorkle for The Washington Post; food styling by Marie Ostrosky for The Washington Post) Vegan wonton soup is the perfect comfort food to enjoy while you're sick!
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
This recipe is sponsored by Lightlife 🙂 Wonton soup was never something I absolutely LOVED when I was a meat-eater, but anytime I see it at vegetarian Chinese restaurants, I can't help but order it. Real wontons and wonton soup are never vegan. Wonton wrappers contain egg by default, at which point they're typically stuffed with meat and served in meat stock or broth. Fried wontons (the appetizer) are usually filled with meat (beef, crab, etc.), and/or cream cheese. When the broth begins to boil, drop in wontons reduce the heat and simmer until they start to float on the surface of the broth.