wonton soup. FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve. In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
Stir in scallions, vinegar, and sesame oil; season with salt. Wontons are served in a clear Chinese chicken broth. Sometimes with just wontons, sometimes with wontons and noodles, called "Combination Long and Short Soup" on Chinese restaurant menus. "Short" refers to the wontons and "Long" refers to the long noodles! You can cook wonton soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of wonton soup
- Prepare 1/2 of pound raw pork or chicken finely minced.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 2 of green onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 of teaspoon soya sauce.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon salt.
- It’s 1/4 of teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of pack of wonton squares.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 of green onions.
In a large bowl, mix pork, soy sauce, chives, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sesame oil until fully incorporated. Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with. This chicken wonton soup recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons.
wonton soup step by step
- Mix all ingedients into meat..
- Use one teaspoon of meat and place in the middle of wonton square.
- Put egg yolk with brush or finger tips on the 4 corners. And close all four corners together closing it like a little sack..
- Let water boil. And place wonton. Not to many at a time.
- When ready theyll float to the top. Then remove from water and make chicken broth..
- Add 3 green onion finely chopped in the chicken broth. And when ready add wontons back in for less than 1 min to absorb taste.
- Serve. And enjoy.
First, you boil the ginger and garlic in the chicken broth for five minutes, which imparts wonderful flavor on the broth. Hometown Noodle. "This wonton soup was FABULOUS!! Generally, we have two types of wonton soup quite popular in China. One is clear or mild wonton soup and the other one is wonton soup in red oil. Surely, the later one is more popular in Sichuan cuisine.