Fried Chicken Wontons. Click Here To Find Out How To Get Chick-fil-A Delivered. Because You Care Enough To Stay In, We'll Come To You. These easy fried wontons are made with ground chicken and a mixture of seasonings and then quickly fried and served with a soy-vinegar sauce.
Serve with Hot Mustard, Sweet and Sour Sauce or Chinese Lemon Sauce (recipe in this cookbook) if desired. How to make Fried Chicken Wonton Recipe In a bowl, combine the ground chicken meat, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic, jalapeños, salt, chili flakes, and cornstarch. Mix these with a spatula until fully combined. You can cook Fried Chicken Wontons using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Wontons
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese softened (or room temp).
- It’s 1 large of cooked chicken breast chopped in small dice.
- You need 1/2 of red onion chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 packages of wonton wrappers.
- You need 5 of green onions chopped.
- It’s 1 of bottle La Choy Teriyaki marinade sauce.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Crispy Fried Chicken Wontons is a delicious Chinese recipe made using minced chicken, spring onions, eggs and wonton wrappers. This snack recipe is a must try dish on special occassions. Try this easy recipe and impress your guests! There are endless possibilities with the filling—ground pork (most common), chicken, turkey, vegetables, shrimp, seafood, or combinations.
Fried Chicken Wontons instructions
- Cook your chicken breast in frying pan on low heat with about 1/4 cup of water. Cover. Turn chicken a couple times during cooking until cooked through. Take chicken from pan and place on your cutting board to cool. When chicken is cooled go ahead and chop into a small dice..
- Take a 1/2 of a red onion and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl add your softened cream cheese, diced chicken and onion. Stir until mixed through..
- On a medium cutting board lay out about 8-10 wonton wrappers. Pointed edge up. (like a diamond shape♢).
- Drop about a teaspoon of filling mixture in the center of the wonton. (Be sure to not over stuff wonton because it may burst open during cooking).
- Take a small bowl and fill it will about 1/4 cup of water. Dip your index finger into water. You then run your wet finger down all sides of the wonton. Slowly fold up wonton to look like a triangle. Gently press sides down making sure they are tightly sealed. Repeat this until all cream cheese filling is gone..
- Preheat your deep fryer. Or you could use a large deep heavy pan filling it about half way with vegetable or canola oil. Heat oil to about 350°-375°degrees..
- With a fryer spoon slowly add 4 wontons at a time to fryer oil. Turn wontons frequently. Remove wontons from frying oil when they reach a rich golden brown..
- Lay wontons on a large plate lined with paper towel..
- When wontons are all cooked serve on a fresh plate with chopped green onion scallions and drizzle with La Choy Teriaki..
These chicken wontons are filled with ground chicken, shrimp, and then deep-fried to golden perfection. Every bite is bursting with flavors. They can be eaten alone or with some dipping sauce. Mix chicken, egg, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and salt in a large bowl until evenly combined. Thaw and separate the wonton sheet.