Applebees Copycat Wonton Taco Recipe. Using tongs, carefully place one one wonton wrapper in the oil. Let cook (while holding the tongs) for one minute. Brush the wonton wrappers with olive oil very lightly.
When the oil is hot, add a wonton wrapper and use tongs to fold it over diagonally as it fries until it's crispy on both sides. It takes less than a minute to fry each wonton taco shell, and you'll get better at it as you go. Just be sure to leave plenty of room in the taco for the delicious fillings to come. You can have Applebees Copycat Wonton Taco Recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applebees Copycat Wonton Taco Recipe
- It’s of boneless skinless chicken breast or pork.
- It’s of stir fry sauce.
- Prepare of asian sesame vinegarette dressing.
- You need of dole slaw mix (pre shredded bagged mix) or shred own cabbage.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of coleslaw dressing.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- It’s of teriaki sauce.
- It’s of green onion tops.
- You need of cilantro.
- It’s of wonton wraps.
- Prepare of shredded ginger optional.
Of Toasted Sesame Asian Dressing & set aside. Combine Green Onion, Cilantro & Red Onion & set aside. This is a copycat of Applebee's Chicken Wonton Taco Recipe! But rather than a little wonton taco shell, this recipe places the goods into a baked wonton cup!!
Applebees Copycat Wonton Taco Recipe step by step
- To make the Taco Shells brush the wonton wrappers lightly with olive oil.Drape them over a wide edged baking to create a taco shape.Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until shells are golden brown..
- To make the chicken dice the chicken into tiny little pieces.Toss the chicken with the stir fry sauce, 3 tablespoons of the asian dressing, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.Heat a skillet or wok with enough olive oil to stir fry your chicken, try to keep it lean.Add pepper to taste.Fry until the meat is fully.
- For the asian slaw mix the remaining tablespoon of Asian dressing with the coleslaw dressing. Toss the mixture into the coleslaw mix and green onion tops.Fill the Taco ShellsTake the taco shaped wontons and fill them 1/4 the way up with cooked chicken.Add the slaw, then top with chopped cilantro and almonds..
So you can fit even more of the yummy chicken, slaw and sauce in this easy bite-sized yummy!!! The chicken, the slaw, and the toppings make up the layers of. Lightly brush wonton wrappers with olive oil. Drape over the side of a casserole dish. Fold the wonton wrappers into a triangle formation but do not seal.