Potsticker dumplings. Turn the dumplings over, and pour the water over them. Potstickers are "steam fried" dumplings made with round wrappers and stuffed with flavorful fillings like pork and cabbage. They are medium sized dumplings that you can usually eat in two or three bites.
These Potsticker Dumplings are easier to make than you think, and they taste so better than the store-bought ones! Crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle, with an addictive dipping sauce! Why This Potsticker Dumplings Recipe Is So Good Perfect potstickers from scratch – crisp bottoms that are not greasy, steamed filling that's not soggy If you never made potstickers or any kind of dumplings before, don't be intimidated. You can have Potsticker dumplings using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potsticker dumplings
- Prepare of wonton wrappers.
- You need of sesame oil.
- It’s of For dusting:.
- You need of Plain flour.
- You need of For the pork filling:.
- Prepare of minced pork.
- You need of shredded cabbage.
- You need of chopped onion.
- Prepare of chopped ginger.
- It’s of chopped spring onions.
- Prepare of crushed garlic cloves.
- You need of sesame oil.
- You need of hoisin sauce.
- You need of rice wine.
- You need of Or.
- You need of For the veggie filling:.
- Prepare of chopped shiitake mushrooms instead of the pork.
- Prepare of Omit the onion and ginger.
- Prepare of Halve the amount of spring onions and sesame oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of chopped coriander.
Making potstickers is a pretty straight-forward process when you use wonton wrappers. Wonton wrappers are basically the potsticker dough already premade and rolled-out paper-thin! How to cook the dumplings – Potstickers style. Cook over low-medium heat until the bottom of the dumplings start to brown.
Potsticker dumplings instructions
- Place all the ingredients for the pork filling in a large bowl and mix well to combine..
- Lay 36 wonton wrappers on a lightly floured surface. Place 1 tbsp of the filling in the centre of each wrapper..
- Use your finger to dampen the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the wrappers in half, over the filling and to form a triangle. Use your fingers to press and seal the edges together..
- Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the dumplings, in batches and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until browned..
- Add 60ml (2 fl oz) of water to the pan, cover and steam for 3-5 mins. Remove and serve immediately..
- To save time, prepare the dumplings in batches, forming the second batch while the first is cooking and so on..
In a large bowl, combine pork, cabbage, mushrooms, garlic, green onions, hoisin, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and white pepper. To assemble the dumplings, place wrappers on a work surface. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Potstickers are some of the most common forms of dumplings, found everywhere from Chinese restaurants to the frozen aisle of the grocery store. While tasty on their own, they are traditionally dipped in soy sauce or black vinegar.