My Favorite Chocolate Scones. My favorite recipe for Chocolate Chip Scones. I can't get enough of scones lately! They're such an easy snack, breakfast or dessert to whip up in just minutes, and I don't think anything beats sipping on some tea with a freshly baked scone and tucking into a book in the afternoon.
Add the butter and cut it in with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is rough and crumbly. Sidenote: this scone dough works great baked in a mini or regular scone pan. These triple chocolate scones are divine. You can cook My Favorite Chocolate Scones using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Chocolate Scones
- Prepare 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- It’s 1 of  To further lower costs, use homemade pancake mix.
- You need 50 ml of Milk (or water).
- You need 40 grams of Margarine.
- You need 1 of Chocolate bar.
Just enough to give that glaze and the chocolate chips a very sultry, melty vibe that is irresistible. Using my perfected master scone recipe, build your own scones with a variety of add-ins like chocolate chips, berries, or cheese and herbs. These better-than-the-bakery treats are flaky, flavorful, and moist with crisp crumbly edges. There's a lot of helpful information and step-by-step photos, but feel free to jump right to the recipe!
My Favorite Chocolate Scones instructions
- Combine pancake mix, softened margarine, and milk (or water) in a bowl. Cut in with a spatula..
- Add finely crushed chocolate into the bowl. Mix until the dough comes together..
- Roll out the dough into an oval and divide into sixths. Line parchment paper on an oven-proof dish and align the divided dough..
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/390F. Bake for 15 minutes to finish..
Line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa, icing sugar, baking powder, salt and butter and pulse until it looks like breadcrumbs. For my Easy Chocolate Chip Scones, just regular, semi-sweet chocolate chips are my favorite. You can use bittersweet or milk chocolate chips if you prefer either of these flavors. Also, your favorite chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks, would also work well in these scones.