Pork wontons. Grandma's crispy wontons are filled with pork, celery, carrots and a blend of spices, then deep fried to perfection! These Homemade Pork Wontons are a yummy Chinese finger food you and the whole family will enjoy. They make a great appetizer, side dish, snack or even main dish.
Packed full of flavour, these are perfect just on their own (with some form of dipping sauce) or in soups, with or without noodles. I've also got a traditional pork and cabbage pan-fried dumpling recipe that's also super yum. Classic recipe for simple pork wontons. You can have Pork wontons using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork wontons
- You need 1 lb of Ground pork.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of Finely chopped mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of shoyu sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Finely chopped kimchee.
- Prepare 5 of Finely chopped shitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 packages of Wonton wrappers.
Ground pork is seasoned with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Add an egg to bind, and ginger, garlic, and green onions for more flavor. Combine the pork, ginger, garlic, green onion, lime juice, crushed red pepper, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a food processor. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
Pork wontons step by step
- Mix first 11 ingredients well in large bowl.
- Spoon 1 tsp of mixture in each wrapper.
- Wet finger with water rubbing along only 2 sides of each wrapper to help seal them.
- After pre-assembling all wrappers preheat about 1 cup vegetable oil in wok on medium heat.
- Fry 3 wontons at a time so they are less likely to burn.
- Cook each side until golden brown about 1-2 minutes.
- After cooking place on plate with paper towel to soak up oil.
- Enjoy dipping them in shoyu sauce, sweet & sour sauce, or chinese hot mustard with shoyu sauce mixed, or any kind of sauce you might think will taste good with them.
Pulse until pork is minced to the consistency of ground beef. It is easiest to mix with your hands to get all of the ingredients well blended. Combine pork, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and vegetables in a bowl. Ground pork is the de facto ingredient in Chinese wontons. Combine the basic pork filling with vegetables like cabbage and chives, or meat like crab meat and fresh shrimp.