Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings. Put the ground chicken, drained tofu, and the ◆ ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Cut the wonton wrappers in half and shredd thinly. Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings.
Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings. Before you jump to Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy. Alternatively, you can steam-panfry them in a non-stick frying pan. You can cook Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings
- Prepare of Firm tofu.
- Prepare of Ground chicken (breast).
- Prepare of to 20 Wonton wrappers.
- It’s of cm ◆Green onion (finely chopped).
- It’s of ◆Ginger (juice).
- You need of ◆Sake.
- It’s of ◆Soy sauce.
- You need of ◆Oyster sauce.
- You need of ◆Katakuriko.
- It’s of ◆Salt.
- Prepare of leaves Chinese cabbage.
- Prepare of to 80 ml Water.
- Prepare of Edamame (as garnish).
This steam-panfrying method is similar to the one used for gyoza dumplings. Using a mini food processor, ground the chicken but make sure that it's corsely ground. You can also chop with a knife. Place about a tablespoon of the filling on each wrapper, gather up the sides and leave the center open.
Tofu and Ground Chicken Shumai Dumplings step by step
- Drain the tofu very well..
- Put the ground chicken, drained tofu, and the ◆ ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. Form into 4 to 5 cm diameter balls..
- Cut the wonton wrappers in half and shredd thinly. Stick the shredded wrappers on the balls from Step 3 to cover. Optionally top with an edamame. See Hints..
- Line a frying pan with Chinese cabbage leaves, and place on the formed shumai dumplings so that they aren't touching each other. Pour in water along the sides of the pan..
- Cover with a lid, and steam for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Add more water during that time if all of it boils off..
- Transfer the dumplings with the cabbage leaves and all to serving plates. Serve with small dishes of Japanese mustard, soy sauce and ponzu sauce..
- You can line the frying pan with shredded lettuce or cabbage instead! If you don't have leafy vegetables, use parchment paper instead..
Heat up a skillet with some oil. Turn it over and pan-fry the other sides of the dumplings. Add more oil and repeat the same process above until all dumplings are turn golden brown and become crispy. Add the chopped water chestnuts, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, and scallions to the bowl with the pork and shrimp. Then, add the oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and white pepper.