Irmgards lemon surprise cup cakes. Great recipe for Irmgards lemon surprise cup cakes. Easy quick no messing cup cakes. Wanted to make them crispy inside but hubby said bit chewy like caramel but still yummy.
Sprinkle with yellow sugar, if desired and top with a daisy lollipop. Refrigerate the lemon curd and the cupcakes in separate tightly sealed containers for up to a day ahead. The lemon mousse frosting takes just a few minutes to make. You can cook Irmgards lemon surprise cup cakes using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irmgards lemon surprise cup cakes
- It’s of Cake mixture.
- Prepare 110 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 110 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 110 grams of butter or margarine…soft.
- It’s 1 of zest of a lemon.
- Prepare 1 of juice of a whole lemon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 50 grams of Rice crispies I used lidl snaps.
- You need of glaze icing.
- Prepare 100 grams of icing sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of lemon food colouring.
- It’s 1 of lemon food glitter fine type.
Cook over medium heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves. In medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high. Starting with the lemon curd, place the sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl, add the eggs and butter and start whisking. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Irmgards lemon surprise cup cakes instructions
- Pre heat oven to 170° then weigh out all cake mixture ingredients and add to bowl & whisk until smooth & light. About 5-7 minutes..
- Stir in rice crispies.
- Using tablespoon & teaspoon put cake mixture into small cases just over half way..
- Pop into oven middle shelf for 10 minutes keeping an eye on them. When cooked slightly golden on top and toothpick comes out clean, cool on wire rack and repeat with rest of mixture..
- When 2nd batch is in oven put icing sugar & lemon juice in bowl & mix till smooth. Add colouring to your own liking..
- When cakes cool put glaze on top of each one then sprinkle with glitter…you should have some glaze left. If making 12 muffins half the ingredients for glaze..
- Enjoy 👅.
Continue to whisk until the mixture has thickened. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar together on high until thick. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.