Nourishing Quinoa Delight. Quinoa is considered as superfood which popularity is growing now a days. It is a seed originating in South America. Quinoa is very nutritious, with a high protein content.
Being a homechef I always focus on taste of the food, and don't give much effort to plating a dish. But plating is as important as taste, because it is plating and. Keep the asparagus tips for garnish and chop the stalks. You can cook Nourishing Quinoa Delight using 28 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nourishing Quinoa Delight
- Prepare of Quinoa.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of medium sized Tomato.
- Prepare of medium sized Onion.
- Prepare of Yellow Capsicum.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- It’s of Mango.
- You need of Coriander and Mint leaves.
- It’s of crumbled Feta cheese.
- Prepare of For the dressing.
- You need of small Lemon.
- It’s of crushed Black pepper.
- You need of crushed Cumin seeds.
- You need of Chat masala.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of For the second layer.
- Prepare of small Avocado.
- You need of Beetroot.
- Prepare of Peach.
- It’s of For garnishing.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- It’s of Peach.
- It’s of Coriander leaves without stem.
- You need of water Spinach or Spinach.
- Prepare of roasted Flax seeds.
- You need of Chilli flakes.
Cut the red capsicum into small cubes. Carrot Salad with Quinoa and Almonds This crunchy, satisfying Carrot Quinoa Salad with Almonds and Apple Cider Vinaigrette is another good make-ahead salad, perfect for midweek lunches, to serve it as a tasty side at dinnertime. Add the water or stock and reduce heat to medium. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Nourishing Quinoa Delight instructions
- Take 1/2 cup quinoa, rinse and wash properly..
- Cook quinoa with 1 cup of water exactly like cooking rice..
- When quinoa cooks completely, remove from heat and fluff with a fork..
- Keep aside to cool down to room temperature..
- Now clean all the vegetables, fruits and herbs..
- Chop cucumber(deseeded), yellow capsicum, tomato(deseeded),onion and coriander-mint leaves.Also chop 1/2 of a ripe mango..
- For the dressing take juice of a lemon, 3 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper, 1 teaspoon of crushed cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl..
- Mix everything well with a fork and keep aside..
- Take another mixing bowl and add all the chopped vegetables, chopped mango and chopped herbs..
- Also add cooked quinoa and crumbled feta cheese..
- Add 2/3rd of the prepared dressing to the salad and mix well..
- Now for the second layer cut 1/2 of an avocado, 1/2 of a beetroot and 1/2 of a peach in small pieces..
- Add the rest of the dressing to the pieces and mix well..
- Now for the assembling take one 5-6 inch diameter bowl and line with cling wrap so that it will be easy to invert the bowl to a serving dish..
- Make a thick layer of the prepared mango salad by pressing the mixture with a spoon..
- Now arrange the avocado salad above the mango salad to make a second layer..
- Press nicely to make the layers firm..
- Take a white serving plate and invert the salad bowl to the plate very carefully..
- Discard the cling wrap carefully. Beautiful layered nutritious salad is now ready..
- Now for the garnishing cut remaining avocado and peach in long slices and garnish as you like. Also add some spinach leaves and coriander leaves to make the salad beautiful..
- Sprinkle some roasted flax seeds and chilli flakes. Serve this beautiful and healthy salad to your guest..
This makes it an excellent choice for healthy consumption, and a wonderful addition to a salad in the summer months. Cool crisp veggies and the nutritious quinoa fill you up and do absolutely nothing to your waist line! They are nourishing and sustaining, and have high potassium in the skins. The allergic process around potato is usually not clinically noticeable, it comes up as the inability to store glucose in the liver. Rice, if unprocessed, is a rich source of B-vitamins and a completely balanced protein.