Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan. Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan. It is one of my favorites.
Peel and core the pears and chop the stem ginger into small pieces. Put the rhubarb and some, but not all of the liquid, into a large dish, along with the pear and chopped ginger. Mix together and add a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup (more if you like your crumble sweeter). You can cook Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan
- You need of For the filling.
- It’s 6-8 sticks of rhubarb, cut into 3-5 cm chunks.
- Prepare 3 of pears, peeled and cored and chopped into 3 cm chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar (add more if you need it sweeter).
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated – optional.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare of For the topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of oats ground into a flour in the blender.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey if you’re not making it vegan).
- Prepare of Some walnuts broken into small pieces or flaked almonds.
Place the rhubarb and pear pieces into a glass or ceramic casserole dish. Remove the top and bottom of your rhubarb stalks and rinse Cut into finger size batons and add place into a large ovenware dish. Wipe and peel the pears and cut them into small pieces and add to the dish. Add in the sugar, ground ginger, orange zest and juice and toss the mixture.
Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan instructions
- Preheat oven to 170C..
- In a baking dish/ pie dish, put the fruit and then stir in the rest of the filling ingredients. Put it in the oven for about 10 mins..
- Meanwhile, put all the dry ingredients for the topping into a bowl. Mix well..
- In a pan, gently heat the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted and combined..
- Pour the oil/syrup mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients..
- Take the pie dish out of the oven. Press the oat topping mix on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake for 25-35 mins until the top is golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
Add in the cinnamon and sugar and toss to incorporate. Once the fruit is done, remove it from the oven and crumb the topping over the rhubarb and strawberries evenly (do not push it down). Serve warm with some vegan vanilla custard. In a bowl, toss the drained rhubarb with the pears and add the bitters (optional). Add the Ginger and the dry mixture and toss until the fruit is coated.