Matcha Scones with White Chocolate. Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a sauce pan half-filled with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Add the butter, and rub it in between your fingers until it has a.
Scones become stale quickly, so I recommend keeping in the freezer if you don't intend to eat them straight away. When you are ready to eat them, just defrost at room temperature. In a large bowl, rub the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can have Matcha Scones with White Chocolate using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha Scones with White Chocolate
- You need 240 grams of ○Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ○Baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ○Matcha.
- It’s 35 grams of ○Granulated sugar.
- You need 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk (size L).
- You need 90 grams of White chocolate.
- You need 45 grams of White chocolate (for decoration).
Make a well in the centre and add the sour milk. In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, matcha powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the chilled butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add coconut sugar and almond/cashew milk.
Matcha Scones with White Chocolate step by step
- Sift the 〇 ingredients together in a bowl. Chill the butter in the fridge until just before you use it. Preheat the oven to 355F/180C..
- Chop the white chocolate and leave in the fridge..
- Add the well-chilled butter to the sifted 〇 and cut the butter with a dough cutter or bench scraper until the butter is pea sized (small pieces)..
- Using your palms, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles powdered cheese..
- If you have a food processor, it is much easier. Instead of two steps, it is just one. Mix the sifted 〇 and the well-chilled butter in the food processor..
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Drop an egg yolk and add milk. Mix with a dough cutter in a cutting motion until the mixture begins to hold together. Then add the chopped chocolate..
- Using your palms, shape the dough into a ball, do not knead, just use a pushing motion towards the bowl. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for about 1 hour..
- Turn the dough onto a surface lightly floured with strong flour. Roll out to 2.5 cm thick with a rolling pin and cut into 9 pieces with a knife or round cutter..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 355F/180C for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool..
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a sauce pan half-filled with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Now drizzle spoonfuls of melted chocolate on top of the scones. Done..
- It is also nice without chocolate. Eat as soon as possible once out of oven! Crispy outside and fluffy inside! Very yummy!!.
- If you use a round cutter, it will be like this picture. Makes about 7 scones..
Gently stir in your chocolate chips. Matcha White Chocolate Scone Goûter *Weekend Special* Fresh Cream Matcha Scones with White Chocolate. So moist and full of deep umami flavours. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and matcha powder. Mix until the ingredients are evenly disbursed.