Easy Pretzel Dogs. Coil each rope around a hot dog, pinching the ends to seal them so they cannot come loose. Add the baking soda to the boiling water, then, working in batches, drop the pretzel dogs into the water. Place boiled pretzel dogs on a sprayed baking sheet.
Arrange the boiled hot dogs on the prepared baking sheets. Brush each pretzel dog with the egg yolk mixture, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Meanwhile, wrap each hot dog with dough, pinching ends together tightly (secure with toothpicks if necessary). You can have Easy Pretzel Dogs using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pretzel Dogs
- You need of hotdogs.
- Prepare of pizza dough.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- You need of salt.
Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Beat the egg yolk with one tablespoon of water. Brush each pretzel dog with the egg wash and sprinkle with your desired topping. Here are some other recipes you might like: Stir the baking soda and water mixture well and dip each wrapped pretzel dog in the mixture for a second.
Easy Pretzel Dogs instructions
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees..
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces..
- Roll each dough pice into long strip. Roughly twice as long as the hot dog..
- Boil water and baking soda in medium saucepan..
- Take each dough piece strip and wrap it around a hot dog..
- Drop each wrapped hotdog into the boiling water for 30 seconds..
- Line cookie sheet with a non stick liner (e.g. silicone mat) or grease with vegetable oil..
- Arrange the boiled hot dogs on the prepared cookie sheet..
- Brush each pretzel dog with butter, oil, or egg wash. And sprinkle with salt (if desired)..
- Put into oven and bake for 15 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes..
Shake off the excess water and place the pretzel dog on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with pretzel salt if desired. Place the boiled pretzel dogs on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the pretzel dogs with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse or kosher salt. Wrap one piece of dough around each hot dog, leaving just a bit of the dog peeking out at the ends.