Orange milky creamy pudding. This milk and orange pudding recipe is from the Arabic cuisine. In the middle east, milk-based desserts are very popular- I'm not sure why- like this Carob pudding, rice pudding, and more. But what really makes these milky desserts special, is the addition of rose water, orange blossom water, and the mustic gum or powder.
Chocolate Orange Oat Milk Pudding A creamy rich chocolate pudding made with oat milk, this Chocolate Orange Oat Milk Pudding is both dairy-free and sugar-free. It has delicious hints of orange! Mahalabia or Muhallabia is a middle eastern milk pudding flavored with orange blossom water or rose water. You can have Orange milky creamy pudding using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange milky creamy pudding
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 packet of china grass.
- Prepare 1 Cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of grated coconut.
- Prepare Few of chopped pistachio.
The common thickening agent added is corn starch. Some traditional Mahalabia Recipes also uses fine rice powder to thicken the milk pudding. Mix the cornstarch with ½ cup milk. Add the cornstarch mix to the boiling milk and keep stirring for one minute to one minute and a half.
Orange milky creamy pudding step by step
- Take china grass cut pieces and soak in some water for 1/2 hour and cook well and keep aside.
- Take a pan add milk and 6 tbsp sugar and cook well 5 -7minutes and switch off the Flame add half China grass into the milk and stir well and pour into glasses and keep in the freezer.
- Take a pan add orange juice and add 2 tbs sugar and cook well for 5-7 minutes on slow Flame and add juice and cook well until smooth jelly forms.Switch Flame off.
- Now pour it into milk pudding glasses.
- Now garnish with grated coconut and pista keep it in refrigerator.
- Ready to serve cooled yummy tasty creamy pudding.
- Enjoy with your family..
Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer and discard the orange peel. In a bowl beat the egg yolks. Rinse the Sago to get rid of any excess starch. Drain and transfer to a saucepan. Add in the Orange Juice, Milk and Cream.