Butter-free Sweet Potato and Sesame Scone. This time I just happened to receive a lot of sweet potatoes, so I thought I'd like to try a sweet potato version of the scone. In a medium bowl, mix flour, and sugar. Stir in coconut milk until just combined, don't over-mix!
Put the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add the sweet potatoes and mix with a hand mixer on low speed until smooth. Taste test and add salt, if needed. You can cook Butter-free Sweet Potato and Sesame Scone using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter-free Sweet Potato and Sesame Scone
- You need 200 grams of after removing skin Sweet potato.
- It’s 70 grams of ●Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of ●Bread flour.
- Prepare 8 grams of ●Baking powder.
- You need 30 grams of ●Sugar.
- It’s 10 grams of ●White sesame seeds.
- Prepare 30 grams of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Milk.
Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half length wise. Self-rising flour, lemon-flavored soda, and heavy cream are the only ingredients required in these incredibly easy lemon scones. If there's an easier recipe out there, we don't know about it. "These scones are so quick and simple," says recipe author purplepiscean. find molly yeh's recipes including midwest favorites (hotdish, cookie salad), jewish holiday favorites (challah, macaroons), chinese-inspired dishes (potstickers, scallion pancakes), her famous cakes and sweets (funfetti-style sprinkle cake, tahini oreos) and more. Here's a collection of some of our Stella family favorite recipes plus some handy sauces and household staples.
Butter-free Sweet Potato and Sesame Scone instructions
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into 1 cm thick sections, then soak in water for 10 minutes..
- Put the drained sweet potatoes into a heat-safe container, cover loosely with saran wrap, then microwave until a toothpick can go right through the potatoes (about 6 minutes at 500 watts)..
- Once the potatoes have become soft, mash them with a fork or potato masher while they are still hot. It's ok if some clumps remain..
- Put the ingredients marked ● into the bowl with the potatoes then use a rubber spatula to mix together with a cutting motion. The mixture should once again look clumpy..
- Add in the olive or vegetable oil and milk and then press firmly with your hand to form a dough ball. Take the dough out of the bowl and put onto a board that has been floured (not in the ingredients)..
- About this time, preheat your oven to 200°C..
- Spread out the dough from step 5 until it's thickness is about 2 cm then fold over 3 times. Repeat this process about 8 times..
- Finally, spread the dough out to about 2.5 cm thickness and then either cut into the desired shape or use a cookie cutter. Bake in the oven at 200° celsius for about 20-25 minutes..
- When the scones becomes a delicious looking golden brown they are done♡. The scones will brown differently depending on your oven so may need to adjust the baking time..
- I made these by using a cup to cut out the shape. They plumped up nicely and turned out quite lovely..
- There is a banana version too! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146419-use-up-your-ripe-bananas-butter-free-banana-scones.
Explore the categories below and our Videos section for even more recipes! And be sure to check out our Stella Style Books if you just can't get enough! Udi's is committed to making delicious gluten-free food because we believe you shouldn't have to compromise on taste to live a gluten-free lifestyle. Recipe Savory Kale and Two-Cheese Scones. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brands products delivered to your door.