Milky Soft bread rolls. Right before baking, gently brush a thin layer of milk onto the tops of the bread rolls. Combine flour, sugar, and salt and gently whisk together. Add warm milk mixture to dry ingredients and combine until dough forms.
Japanese Milk Bread Rolls Also referred to as Hokkaido milk bread, these rolls are incredibly soft and airy thanks to a simple technique involving a roux "starter," known as tangzhong. The roux is mixed into the final dough, producing wonderfully tender bread each and every time. How to make bread rolls Make the dough: Combine instant yeast with warm milk (you can use water too) and sugar and whisk together. You can have Milky Soft bread rolls using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Milky Soft bread rolls
- It’s of wheat flour.
- You need of cup of milk powder.
- You need of cup of warm milk.
- Prepare of egg (room temperature).
- You need of instant yeast.
- You need of melted butter/margarine/ cooking oil.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
Directions: Mix the milk with sugar and crumbled yeast. Then add the egg and flour. Finally add the salt and add the butter. Fluffy Hokkaido milk bread rolls are surprisingly easy to make—no mixer required.
Milky Soft bread rolls instructions
- In a bowl stir in the melted margarine, egg, warm milk, yeast and sugar. Ensure it's well mixed..
- Add in the milk powder and the flour and kneed into a dough..
- Notice that the dough is non elastic, uneven and lumpy. Kneed for approximately ten to twelve minutes. One can use a mixer if available.
- When the dough is ready, it'll be soft, even and elastic as so..
- Grease the bowl and the surface of the dough in preparation for proofing..
- Sit the dough in a warm environment for 45 minutes until double the initial size.
- Pinch out small portios of dough and fold them as shown below before finally rolling each into the desired round shape..
- Grease and dust the baking tray, then arrange the scornes. Place them in a warm environment and let them rise/proof yet again for 30 minutes. Brush the top with egg wash for a golden shine. Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes and enjoy..
The secret to their fluffiness is found in the tangzhong, a flour and water paste. Your family will love these rolls at Thanksgiving dinner or at breakfast! These incredibly soft and QQ milk bread rolls are some of my favorite breads of all time! They're so fluffy they almost look like marshmallows… My mom makes. Soft Dinner Rolls Require a Rich Dough.