Milky mango dessert (dudh keri). In a vessel take sugar and add chilled milk to it.. Every time we visit our grandparent's house in Mumbai we are treated with this amazing mango milk dessert. So we wanted to create a cruelty-free alternative that is just as refreshing and sweet as the original!
You can vary the milk to mango ratio according to your liquid preference and adjust the sweetener to your liking. Treat your tastebuds with this fun and exotic Gujarati Mango Dessert recipe – Doodh Keri (Mango in vanilla-flavored custard Milk)! This Indian traditional and rich recipe is bursting with luscious mango flavors. You can have Milky mango dessert (dudh keri) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milky mango dessert (dudh keri)
- You need of ripe alphanso mangoes.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of chilled milk.
- Prepare of cardamom and nutmeg powder.
The recipe is so simple and takes only minutes to cook. "Doodh Keri" or milk custard is part-and-parcel of our childhood memories. Popular across generations, custard has become a household name in India, and for many it is the ultimate comfort food. With a simple twist, the soothing custard transforms into an awesome dessert. Super easy to make, the Mango Custard is a must-try summer dessert!
Milky mango dessert (dudh keri) step by step
- In a vessel take sugar and add chilled milk to it..
- Remove the skin of the mangoes. Put cuts on the mangoes as shown in the picture..
- Cut the pieces as small as possible. Add them directly to the milk..
- Scrape off all the pulp of the mango near it's seed. Add the pulp also to the milk. The milk will look orange in colour..
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder to it. Let the milky mango get chilled in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours and then serve..
Treat your tastebuds with this fun and exotic Gujarati Mango Dessert recipe – Doodh Keri (Mango in vanilla-flavored custard Milk)! Mix the Chilled Milk & sugar well. Stir in the mango pulp until mixed properly & the milk should become slightly orange in colour. Now mix in the mango cubes gently taking care not to break the pieces. And if you don't find whipping cream, make mango cream with simple cream or this luscious dudh keri with just mangoes and milk.