Milky rice pudding. Add the milk, rice, brown sugar & salt to a mixing bowl, or measuring cup. Whisk, until well combined & pour into the prepared baking dish. Mix the rice, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan.
Cooking rice requires patience but when it is cooked well, it will be worth it. In this video, I am going to teach you how to make a simple yet delicious and. COMBINE water, rice, cinnamon stick and salt in medium saucepan. You can cook Milky rice pudding using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Milky rice pudding
- It’s 1 of and quater rice blended frozen defrosted…(see fr other recip.
- You need of Cardamon pods seeds crushed.
- Prepare of Almonds.
- You need of Milk(see from notes),as added as go along.
- It’s of Honey (see notes.
- You need of Vanilla (notes).
- Prepare of Suger(see notes.
- Prepare of Cream/evaporated milk/condenced milk(optional).
- Prepare of Water(see from notes) as added as go along.
- It’s of Garnish pistachios,raisins almonds food color(optional).
- Prepare of Orange rind optional.
- It’s of Raisins(optional).
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick. In a medium saucepan or pot, combine the rice, water, milk, cream, butter, and salt. Note: The rice should be cooked, but there should still be visible creamy liquid; it should not all be absorbed.
Milky rice pudding instructions
- Rince the broken up rice and discard water.also prep the iliki pods by putting in baking paper /liners and smash down using wooden grinder.
- Add these smashed iliki to the rice in a cooking pan,add a cup of water to th rice to start cooking it.let cook briefly,until rice is dry again.add butter 2 tablespoon.
- Some other ingredients…honey and pistachio nuts (and some food color at end for decor not included in pic).Add half cup more water if needed.add the vanila 1 – 2 tablespoon.stir well frequently as if nasonga ugali /stirring fufu dough(.
- Start aiding 1 cup milk.stir..cook more on low heat.add white suger 3 table spoons..see the consistancy (in pic,with the spoon).
- Add honey 2 table spoons,then add the 3/4 powdered milk and suger mix (left over from making evaporated milk).this was with 6 tablespoons of milk powder and half cup water.the mixture starts to thicken almost doubling it's quantity.stir in and continue on low heat.
- Add another 3/4 cup of milk.
- Add another quater until the pan used almost full.see ingreds list for totals of milk and water etc.cook further until thickened.
- Can add more not if prefer.or raisins or both or leave all out!pour into serving bowl decorate with nuts and food color at centre only…..drizzle around with little honey.can serve warm but chilled is more refreshing cover surface with touching cling film with surface of pudding! and to help not to form thick cover on surface of the pudding..bismillah enjoy!.
- Pls note Rice spoils fast in heat wether esp.and uncooked wet rice can cause serious illness.
Add the milk, cream, rice and salt to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir frequently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice. Rice pudding is a classic dessert, found in many different countries and cultures around the world. It's hard to resist the delicious, comforting combination of creamy, custardy rice and warm milk infused with cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.