Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie. In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until frothy and then blend in the sugar. Stir in the syrup, vanilla, bourbon, salt, and the melted butter mixture until well blended.
In a large bowl, whisk together Karo® Light Corn Syrup, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, salt, vanilla extract, and bourbon (if using). Add the chopped chocolate and pecans and stir to combine. Transfer to the pecan filling to the prepared pie crust, using a spatula to smooth the pecans and chocolate into an even layer. You can have Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
- It’s of OR two (6 inch) OR four (4 inch) shallow pie crusts (store bought or homemade). Double the recipe if you're making 9 inch deep dish pie.
- Prepare of light corn syrup.
- You need of light brown sugar.
- You need of egg, room temperature.
- You need of butter, melted.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of bourbon.
- You need of roughly chopped pecans, roasted & salted preferred.
- Prepare of bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the brown sugar, corn syrup,. This Chocolate-Bourbon Pecan Pie has the rich, gooey texture you crave in every bite. This pie recipe is so quick and easy to make partially because it calls for a refrigerated piecrust. Beat the sugar, corn syrup, bourbon, eggs, butter, and salt together in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). In a large bowl, whisk together corn syrup, brown sugar, egg, melted butter, salt, vanilla extract, and bourbon until well mixed. Add the chopped chocolate and pecans and stir to combine..
- Pour pecan filling to three quarter of the unbaked pie crust, using a spatula to smooth the pecans and chocolate into an even layer (photo of a 4 inch pie).
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven and place tin foil over the pie to prevent the crust from getting too brown. Cook for an additional 15 minutes with the foil..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving!.
Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. If desired, cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil strips to prevent excessive browning. When my fiance first made this chocolate bourbon pecan pie for me, I declared it to be the best pie ever! Creamy chocolate combines with crunchy nuts in a great, gooey filling.