Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread with Orange Zest. Add the zucchini and orange zest and stir to combine. TO MAKE THE GLAZE: Combine the powdered sugar, orange juice and melted margarine; stir until smooth. zucchini. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
To make this bread into muffins, see my note below the recipe. Fold in the zucchini, orange zest (optional), and walnuts/chocolate chips (optional). NOTE: The batter will be thick but the zucchini will release moisture while it bakes. You can cook Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread with Orange Zest using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread with Orange Zest
- You need 1/3 cup (80 ml) of canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup (120 ml) of honey, maple syrup, or organic blue agave (I used maple syrup).
- You need 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup (121 g) of plain Greek yogurt, room temperature (I used 0% fat).
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups (188 g) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-large), squeezed.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of orange zest.
- Prepare of optional: chopped walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips.
Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan or divide the batter among the muffin holes. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until evenly distributed. Add yogurt, applesauce, oil, and eggs. Combine the granulated sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl.
Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread with Orange Zest step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan..
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside..
- Whisk the oil, agave, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined..
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Avoid over mixing. Fold in the zucchini, orange zest, and walnuts if using..
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry and clean. If you find the top of the bread is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil..
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving..
Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingertips to infuse the sugar with the lemon. Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread Made with zero refined sugar, orange zest for brightness, and protein-packed yogurt, greek yogurt zucchini bread is so nice to have around when you want something a little sweet that's not dripping with oil nor overloaded with sugar. Directions In a large bowl, combine the eggs and oil. Stir in the lemon zest, orange zest and extracts. In a large bowl or mixer, beat together sugar and canola oil, then mix in eggs and Greek yogurt.