Tiramisu. Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, shellfish and meat. Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert.
Fill a large bowl with ice water. Make the custard: Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Done correctly, a classic tiramisù can be transcendent. You can cook Tiramisu using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 160 gr of superfine sugar.
- Prepare 200 gr of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 430 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 30-35 of Italian ladyfingers.
- You need 300 ml of cold espresso or strong coffee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rum.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cocoa powder for dusting.
A creamy dessert of espresso-soaked ladyfingers surrounded by lightly sweetened whipped cream and a rich mascarpone, tiramisù relies heavily. This tiramisu recipe features rum and coffee-soaked ladyfingers layered with mascarpone custard and whipped cream. Tiramisu (Italian: tiramisù, [ˌtiramiˈsu]) is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa.
Tiramisu step by step
- When you are ready to make the sabayon place about one inch of water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and place a bowl on top of the small pot so it's sitting on the pot without touching the water..
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to the bowl, whipping to mix the ingredients together. Place the bowl on the small pot of simmering water. Using a whisk to mix, whip the egg/sugar mixture constantly for about 10 minutes. This will cook the eggs. The mixture will increase in volume as it thickens. This is your sabayon. After you have finished whipping the sabayon, remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whip yolks to help it cool..
- Add room temperature Mascarpone to whipped yolks, mix until well combined. Don't overmix this can cause curdling. *Mascarpone only needs to get to set out for 15-20 minutes. Don't let it get warm..
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer whip cream to stiff peaks..
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the tiramisu..
- Mix the cold espresso (or strong coffee) with the molasses and rum then dip the ladyfingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet. Arrange the ladyfingers in the bottom of tray/baking fish or any of your available container. Spoon 1/3 the mascarpone cream filling over the ladyfingers. Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers. Add another layer of tiramisu cream. Repeat till finish..
- Dust with cocoa powder and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. And enjoy!.
The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of cakes and other desserts. Tiramisu is kind of like the cool, older Italian cousin of an American icebox cake. They're both essentially desserts of layered cookies with a light creamy filling. Tiramisu, however, has a few signature components that set it apart. Use plastic wrap and place it directly against the surface (without cocoa) to prevent a skin from forming, cover tightly.