Apple craisin scones. Cut in shortening as you would for a pie crust. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray or possibly oil lightly. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; cut in chilled butter or margarine until mix resembles coarse crumbs.
I love scones, but I don't like them dry. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly. Looking for a gluten-free version of this recipe? You can have Apple craisin scones using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple craisin scones
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of ap flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 7 tbsp of cold butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cold whole milk.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of chopped Fuji apple.
- Prepare 1 box of Ocean Spray crasins.
Scrape the dough onto the floured parchment or pan, and divide it in half. Brush each circle with milk, and sprinkle with the topping. Whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers. (The largest pieces should be the size of small peas.) With your fingertips, flatten butter pieces into small disks.
Apple craisin scones instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a large hole grater, grate cold butter into dry ingredients mixture.
- Add cold milk, mix until dough comes together, add in chopped apple and craisins.
- Turn out onto a piece of wax paper a form into a circle, about 1 inch thick, cut into wedges.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet and put into freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 14 minutes, allow to cool.
- Serve with soft whip heavy cream and favorite jam. Enjoy the deliciousness 😊.
Combine all of your dry ingredients, and mix them together well. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Stir oil into dry ingredients well. Add apple, cinnamon chips, and walnuts and stir.