Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, almond extract and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the batter, alternating with the milk, just until blended.
The millet lends a bit of a cornbread taste to it. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. You can have Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- It’s 150 gms of All Purpose Flour (1 1/4 cups).
- It’s 10 gms of Baking Powder (2 tspns).
- Prepare 50 gms of Cocoa Powder (1/4 cup).
- It’s 65 gms of Sugar (1/3 cup).
- You need 70 gms of Unsalted Butter or Margarine (1/3 cup).
- Prepare 5 ml of Vanilla Essence (1 tspn).
- Prepare 2 pcs of Eggs.
- It’s 180-190 ml of Milk (appx. 3/4 cup).
- You need 1/4 of tspn Salt (If using Margarine; don't use salt).
Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Put cupcake liner in muffin tin OR grease very well muffin tin. sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. The in another bowl beat together the butter and sugar and then add the eggs beating very well then mix in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the sugar and be sure to beat well each time!.
Simple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F or 180°C. Line a dozen (12 pcs) cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, measure and sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together then set aside (If using un-salted butter – add salt to the dry ingredients). In a small bowl, beat the eggs and essence together until mixture has bubbles; set aside..
- In a large bowl, measure the sugar and butter/margarine and cream until white or almost white. You can use a balloon whisk, should take about 5 – 7 minutes. You can also use an electric mixer and cream between 3 to 5 minutes..
- Add the egg mixture into your creamed mixture and beat for no more than 1 minute, make sure ingredients are well incorporated..
- Pour half the dry ingredients into your creamed mixture and start folding using a spatula. Pour the rest of the dry ingredients and add the milk gradually while folding. Make sure your batter is of a drop consistency (when you pick batter with a spatula & drop it back – it should drop within 2-3 seconds), it’s ready for baking..
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners; make sure you don’t fill past 3/4 way..
- Place the muffin pan into the oven, preferably the middle rack and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Remove the muffin pan from oven, place on a shelf to cool for about 5 minutes..
- Remove them and place them on a tray or a cooling rack to cool completely..
- If you would like; you can make some cream frosting and decorate them to look pretty ^_^ Easiest way is to chill, then whip a cup (250ml) of non-dairy cream topping for about 5 – 10 minutes and then decorate your cupcakes!.
Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour. April Preisler for Taste of Home.