My Chocolate Cream Pie. Heat milk and butter in heavy saucepan until hot. Beat egg yolks in bowl; pour a little hot milk mixture into beaten yolks and stir well. Then pour all into milk mixture.
This Easy Chocolate Cream Pie is a snap to make. The chocolate cream filling in this rich pie is made with cocoa flavored with a bit of butter and vanilla. It 's poured into a pre-baked pastry shell and chilled before serving. You can cook My Chocolate Cream Pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Chocolate Cream Pie
- It’s of cocoa.
- Prepare of cornstarch or ½ cup all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of egg yolks.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of vanilla.
- It’s of pre baked pie crust (see recipe).
The chocolate cream filling in this rich pie is made with cocoa flavored with a bit of butter and vanilla. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, egg, and yolks in a medium saucepan, whisking well. To prepare crust, place crackers in a food processor; process until crumbly. Bake your frozen pie crust according to package, remove, allow to cool & set aside.
My Chocolate Cream Pie step by step
- Mix cocoa, cornstarch and beaten egg yolks, then sugar and salt, add the milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over medium-high heat on your stove top..
- Cook until it's thick. Whisking it until it's smooth..
- Cream pies take some time to thicken. So stir for (10-15) mins. Using a heavy bottom pan really helps this pie. Just keep it up until it thickens, add the vanilla in after you take the pan off the heat. Pour into a pre baked pie shell. Put it in the fridge to chill, add whipped cream if you like and top with chocolate shavings..
How To Make Chocolate Cream Pie Begin by making the crust. Combine the chocolate wafers, sugar and butter in bowl of food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until the cookies are finely crushed. Old fashioned chocolate cream pie is made with pure cocoa, egg yolks, and either cornstarch or flour for thickening. Whisk in the milk and bring to boil over medium heat (if you are using a double boiler use high heat to keep the water boiling).