Chocolate Cake. Make Harry & David Your Destination For Chocolate Cake Gifts That Are Sure To Delight. Choose From Our Selection Of Exceptional Gifts to Send Again. Moist, delicious chocolate cake for any celebration.
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). You can cook Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It’s of large egg.
- It’s of vanilla.
- It’s of coffee, cooled.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare of semi-sweet chocololate.
- You need of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of salt.
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. For the chocolate cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. Chocolate Cake in Seattle on YP.com.
Chocolate Cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Butter 2 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper..
- For the cake: Mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients except for the coffee. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Add the coffee inti the mixture and mix well making sure that there are no dry pockets in the cake batter..
- Divide the batter evenly between two pan. Bake for 35-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it..
- Partially let the cakes cool down then take it out of the pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack..
- For the frosting: melt the chocolate on a double boiler until smooth. Set aside to partially cool down..
- Cream the butter with a stand or hand mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until well combined..
- Whisk in sour cream into the melted chocolate. Mix well until both ingredients are almost at room temperature and then pour the chocolate mixture into the butter mixture. Mix well until well combined and fluffy..
- To assemble, place one cake at the bottom and place a frosting on top before adding the next cake on top. Do a crumb frosting and then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Complete the frosting afterwards. Decorate as desired..
See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Chocolate & Cocoa in Seattle, WA. **A smash cake is a cake your kid can enjoy with his or her hands for a photo opp. It's usually a smaller version of the party cake. The aim of our local, family-owned business is to provide you with quality desserts at great prices. My Birthday cake this year was chocolate, and it was delicious! The texture and flavor combination was sinful!