Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer. Place the bowl in the airfryer. Place the bowl in the airfryer. Place the bowl in the airfryer.
Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer instructions. Place the bowl in the airfryer. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, tea, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can have Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer
- It’s 2 cups of plain or cake flour. (Add 1/2 cup of flour if you add more butter).
- Prepare 115 ml of or 1/2 cup milk.
- You need 2.5 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar (you can use 1/4 cup sugar if you prefer less).
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (or add 1 cup butter for creamier scone).
- Prepare 1 of earl grey tea bag.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare of Optional 1/4 cup of black currants or white chocolate chips. Just as good a scone plain.
- You need of Include the fake Devonshire cream because it makes it so much better.
- You need 4 ounces of marscapone cheese (this is means put in 1/2 cup).
- It’s 1 cup (240 ml) of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- You need of Zest lemon or lime (optional).
Using a pastry blender, cut cold butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. In a smaller bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Remove the tea bags or loose leaf tea and measure out exactly ¼ cup of brewed tea. Remove the tea bag and discard.
Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer step by step
- In a small bowl that will fit in an airfryer place 1/2 cup milk in with an earl grey tea bag. I have a local tea shop and use a loose leaf which I find much better than store bought. Place the bowl in the airfryer. You will heat the tea and milk in your airfryer for 8 minutes at 250 f. (120 degrees). Set aside and let steep for 15 minutes or more. You should periodically squeeze or move the tea bag to obtain the flavour and a darker brown milk..
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a decision as to whether you want to add currants or white chocolate bits to this for a change. It’s just as good without..
- Add the 1/2 cup butter. Oops I put a cup in…it still works out I just use less of the milk mixture and add a tiny more flour..
- Rub butter into flour mixture until It resembles coarse crumbs. Try to use tip of your fingers or cut in with a kitchen tool to cause less heat transfer. The less heat transfer to the batter the better the scones turn out. place batter in the fridge to keep cool..
- If it has been 15 minutes or more and your milk mixture is a lovely brown colour and has cooled down then add egg and whisk..
- Remove your cold flour mixture from fridge. add milk and egg mixture to the cold flour mixture. Do not over mix but ensure that the dry and wet mixture are just combined. Tip do not over mix or scones will be tough..
- Preheat airfryer at 400 f (200 degrees) for 5 minutes..
- Roll dough into round shapes and lay them on baking paper or a floured surface. Use a cookie cutter if you want to obtain a sharper edge. I just put them into a circle and cut into four pieces. Brush with some milk. Brushing with the milk in an evenly and light motion makes scone look consistently brown when cooked..
- Bake scones in airfryer at 400 f (200 degrees) for 4 minutes. Then turn down airfryer to 350 f and cook for 6 minutes until a golden brown. You can insert a toothpick to see if it comes clean but I do not bother as they have always been cooked for me..
- 0ptional fake Devonshire clotted cream – place all ingredients in bowl and beat until mixture holds its shape and looks like whipped cream. Refrigerate or use right away. Makes 1-1/2 cups and takes an extra 15 minutes..
Whisk until smooth, thick and barely pourable. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix flour, sugar, earl grey, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a medium bowl. Take butter out of the fridge and grate on a cheese grater and incorporate into the dry mixture. Form a crater in the dry ingredients and add the butter milk into it along with the vanilla.