Grasshopper Pie. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Spread the filling into the chilled base, swirling it about with an icing spatula or silicone spatula to fill evenly. Put the pie in the refrigerator, covered, to chill overnight or for a minimum.
Taste and add more creme de menthe if needed. Add the green food coloring if using. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff. You can cook Grasshopper Pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grasshopper Pie
- You need of Oreo cookies.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of marshmallows.
- You need of creme de menthe.
- You need of white creme de cocoa.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of cream.
The name comes from the bright green color of the creme de menthe. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Crush the biscuit you put aside earlier and sprinkle over the top of the pie before slicing.
Grasshopper Pie instructions
- Crush Oreo cookies with melted butter. Line buttered pie tin to form a crust..
- Melt marshmallows in milk. Let cool and add creme de menthe and creme de cocoa..
- Whip cream. Then slowly add cooled marshmallow mix to cream. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle Oreo crumbles on top for decoration. Freeze..
I haven't found her recipe, but my father patched one together from many he found online that turns out a pie just like the one she used to make. The pastel-colored pie is associated with springtime, and especially with Easter celebrations in the United States. This is so delicious and no one won't be getting enough of this! This is super easy to make and will surely capture your heart! This is best paired with your hot chocolate during the cold mornings.