Lemonade Scones. Lemonade Scones are the fastest and easiest scones you will ever make! The secret ingredient is lemonade – but they don't taste of lemon at all! Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
Mix all ingredients and either mould into scone shapes or roll out and use a cutter, or just cut into squares after rolling out. When sitting on the oven tray – place them close together so that they rise up higher and don't have crusts because they are all touching. These scones are light as air and oh-so-good with jam and cream. You can cook Lemonade Scones using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemonade Scones
- You need 4 Cups of Self Raising Flour.
- It’s 300 ml of Cream.
- You need 1 Can of Lemonade (Sprite or 7up).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
Mix lightly with a knife and serve fresh from the oven. Line an oven tray with baking paper for easy clean-up. Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add lemonade and cream and mix lightly with a knife until evenly.
Lemonade Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 220c (fan bake is better).
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, into a smooth dough. You'll need to get stuck in with your hands.
- Tip onto a well floured baking tray, or baking paper.
- You can either cut it into squares now, or save it until it's baked. The kids prefer the latter and it's less mess.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they start to turn a golden colour.
- Cool on a wire rack when done.
Add cream and lemonade to flour. Using a round-bladed knife, mix ingredients. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Place rounds, side by side, in prepared pan. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.