Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce. Savor a variety of artisanal, hand-made gourmet soft pretzels. Hand-made pretzels for a variety of categories from Top-knot, wheelhouse to salted In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine, cooking about one minute until smooth.
Stir in the chipotle peppers and the evaporated milk, then whisk in the cornstarch until thoroughly incorporated. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the cream cheese and mustard. For the spicy beer cheese sauce (this can be prepared while your pretzels are baking), melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can have Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of dry active yeast.
- Prepare of warm water.
- It’s of hot water.
- It’s of baking soda.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of coarse salt.
- It’s of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of hot mustard.
- It’s of hot habanero cheddar cheese.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
Use a flat slotted spatula or spider and transfer pretzels back to the baking sheet. To make the spicy cheese sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the milk, using the whisk to break up any clumps. From pretzels wrapped around hotdogs or sausages to pretzels filled with veggies, meats, and gooey cheese (coming soon) to pretzel bites and sticks to good ol' fashioned soft pretzels like these – they ALWAYS please.
Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce instructions
- Mix yeast and warm water. Let sit for five minutes or until foamy..
- Add flour, salt and sugar to mixture. Mix well..
- Knead on floured surface for six minutes. You may need to add flour until dough is tacky but not sticky..
- Let dough rise in an oiled bowl covered with a tea towel for 1 hour..
- Separate into twelve balls. Roll each out into half inch wide ropes..
- Twist into a pretzel shape by forming a U then crossing ends and pressing ends onto the bottom of the U..
- Let pretzels rest for 15 minutes..
- Dissolve baking soda in a bowl if hot water..
- After pretzels have rested, put them one at a time into the baking soda solution. Let each soak for 30 seconds, flipping halfway through if not fully submerged..
- Put drip dried pretzels onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If they are a little wet this is ok..
- Brush pretzels with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt..
- Bake at 450 for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- For cheese sauce it is best to have all ingredients prepped and ready- measure milk and mustard, shred cheese, melt butter and whisk in flour..
- Bring milk to a slow boil on medium heat while whisking..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low..
- Slowly add flour/butter mixture while whisking. (You want the sauce as thick as a nacho cheese).
- Add cheese and whisk until fully melted.
- Add hot mustard and whisk.
Especially when served with an ooey-gooey cheese sauce that is slightly spicy (more so the longer it sits) and tastes of beer. Add the cheese, whisking constantly until it is melted. Add the hot sauce and cayenne. Taste, then add salt and pepper to taste. Add more cayenne and/or hot sauce if preferred.