Dropscones. Cut in butter until fine crumbs; food processor is best. Place in large bowl; add cranberries and raisins. Beat milk and egg with a fork.
Make a well in the centre and then add the egg and half of the milk. This recipe is not traditional at all for dropscones. And while the two are similar they are not the same. You can have Dropscones using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dropscones
- You need 125 g of self raising flour.
- You need 1 of fresh egg.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of sunflower oil or any oil for drying the sconce.
- You need 2 teaspoon of sugar.
Dropscones are a regional pancake most common to Scotland and the regions of England that border it. Also known as Scotch Pancakes, Drop Scones were classically made on a solid metal griddle on an open fire, back in the day. Now it is more practical to use a large non-stick fry pan or if you have an Aga, on the simmering plate. But "drop scones" in parts of the UK, in particular Scotland, where Balmoral castle is situated, are more like American pancakes than typical scones.
Dropscones step by step
- Sieve the dry ingridients in a clean dry bowl.
- Make a well at the centre and break the fresh egg at the center.
- Mix the content in the bowl thoroughly until it form thick mixture which is able to flow gently.
- Heat the pan gently.Add drying oil and pour the mixture gently.
- Turn on both sides until its golden brown.
- Serve it when cold… for it to have long lasting taste in your mouth.
Drop scones are thicker than American pancakes, and a little smaller. How to make Drop Scones/Scotch Pancakes – Step by Step Method. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the salt and sugar and stir together. Stir buttermilk, applesauce, and egg together in a separate bowl.