Awesome Chewy Pretzel Buns. Save On Pretzel Buns At Walmart With Walmart's Everyday Low Prices. Attach the dough hook to the stand mixer. Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture.
Set aside to use in the boiling water before baking the pretzel buns. In your measuring cup of lukewarm water, add the yeast and sugar. The baking soda does not need to dissolve completely. You can cook Awesome Chewy Pretzel Buns using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Awesome Chewy Pretzel Buns
- Prepare of warm water.
- It’s of Active Dry Yeast.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of bread flour.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of egg.
Dip each bun in the baking soda solution before placing on a baking sheet. Brush each bun with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Bring the water, sugar, and baking soda to a boil in a large pot. Place the boiled pieces of dough on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Awesome Chewy Pretzel Buns instructions
- Whisk together the water, yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Allow the mixture to proof for 6 minutes..
- While the yeast is proofing, whisk/sift together the flour and sea salt..
- Attach the dough hook to the stand mixer. Mix on low speed until the dough comes together and then turn the speed up to medium-low and mix for 3 minutes. Turn the speed up to medium and mix for another 2 minutes..
- Form the dough into a tight ball and place into a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow the dough to double in size, approximately 40 minutes. Remove the towel and punch down the dough..
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Using a kitchen scale, divide the dough into 8 3-ounce balls (one will be slightly under 3 ounces). Roll each ball tightly and pinch the bottoms. Place the balls pinched side down on the baking sheet, cover with a towel and allow the dough to rise for another 20 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 425ÃÂ°F (220 Celsius). Bring the 4 quarts of water to a boil with the baking soda. In batches, cook the rolls for 30 seconds per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto a clean, greased baking sheet (do not use parchment paper or the rolls will stick)..
- Whisk together the egg with a tablespoon of water. Brush the egg wash on top of each roll and sprinkle generously with coarse sea salt or sesame..
- Using a sharp knife, slice an X in the top of each roll..
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown on top..
Sprinkle the top of the unbaked pretzel buns with desired topping (s). Boiling the dough in a baking soda water bath prior to baking gives the pretzel rolls a delightfully chewy texture and helps crisp up the outside of the roll while baking. And can I just emphasize again for the sake of emphasizing that: oh my heavens, these rolls are amazing. The most delicious ways to eat these pretzel rolls? Enjoy them with beer cheese dip or bacon spinach dip, as buns for ham & swiss sandwiches, with soup (like minestrone soup or light creamy chicken noodle soup), as a side with walnut crusted chicken, or straight from the pan.