Avocado Hot Biscuit (Scone). Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed (Be careful not to mix too much). Slice the onion thinly and add to a medium saucepan.
Steaming hot, in a basket, covered in butter and made of soft, crumbly, flaky deliciousness.. a scone should not flake like a biscuit. What an honor to be the one who gets to tell everyone that her pies are freaking awesome! First, an important disclaimer: I am a cake person. You can have Avocado Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Avocado Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 7 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s 100 g of Flour.
- Prepare 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 50 g of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado.
But I'd choose a sliver of chocolate cake over an entire apple pie. Biscuits and scones might look a lot alike — tall, flaky, golden brown. They're both made from a blend of flour, a leavening agent, fat, and a liquid. And they're frequently eaten at the same time of day, as a breakfast or brunch treat best served with some arrangement of jam, butter, or cream.
Avocado Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Dice the avocado and set aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl..
- Add the milk and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Add the diced avocado to the mixture and mix well..
- Divide the dough into 7 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Avocado-Bacon Scones with Smokey Tomato Butter. Cut an X into the bottom of the tomato. Peel and core the tomato, remove the seeds and chop coarsely. Place the chopped tomato into the bowl of a food processor, along with ½. A scone is slightly dryer than a biscuit and yet, when done well, not dry at all.