Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt. Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Deep Fried Scones (Sopapillas) I have become a lover of scones—the English ones, the little (or big!) biscuit like tea scones that seem to be all the rage, but my family has not embraced them.
Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (highly recommended!) or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. It gives the maple scones a rich flavor and super soft texture I find synonymous with classic scones. This is not the time to use fake pancake syrup. You can have Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 8 Hot Biscuits.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- It’s 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 25 g of Sugar.
- You need 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- Prepare 50 g of Milk.
- Prepare 50 g of Yogurt.
Buy the real stuff – pure maple syrup. It can be pricey, but I find that Trader Joe's has very affordable options. My favorite is the bourbon maple syrup. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Deep Fried Scones with Maple Syrup and Yogurt instructions
- Operation Time / 20 min Cooking Time / 20 min.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 170C..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and yogurt into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scooper or spoon and add to the hot vegetable oil. Fry until the dough is nicely browned..
- Place the scones on a kitchen towel for few minutes to drain the oil..
- Serve with yogurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground oats, granulated sugar, baking powder and. Gently drop dough in to hot oil one or two at a time. Fry for about a minute on each side, or until golden brown. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix dough thoroughly, you may have to add more flour to get a soft dough consistency.