Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not).
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not):
- Make ready 2 of (if small) eggs, whisked.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Soy milk (option w/dairy, whatever milk you like).
- Prepare Dash of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- Get 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Take 1 tsp of diced bell pepper or capsicum.
- Take 1 of tomato, sliced.
- Make ready Dash of dried mixed herbs (can be Italian mix).
- Make ready to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Butter (optional or use non dairy).
- Make ready of Shavings of mozzarella (optional! If w/dairy, whatever cheese you like).
Steps to make Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not):
- Crack egg/s in bowl, add dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk slightly. Add milk of choice. Whisk until frothy on top. Set aside..
- In hot oil of choice (use 1/4-1/2 of Tbsp), sauté onions and capsicum til onions are transparent..
- Slice tomato in half and squeeze juice on pan. Slice in desired size and add to the pan. (Optional for w/dairy: add your butter, to taste) Sprinkle dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper, according to your liking. Mix well. Remove from pan after 2 mins in low heat and set aside..
- Whisk egg mix again. In same pan, add remaining oil, tip side to side and watch oil run through all surfaces of the pan. Using the same pan attaches the flavor to the egg mix. Heat 1 minute in low setting..
- Add egg mixture to hot pan. Tip from side to side to spread to your desired diameter. Leave alone while in low heat..
- You'll see upper side of egg change from liquidy to creamy looking. Add your tomato filling by this time. Middle or half of the circle, your choice, which is easier to fold. (Optional for w/dairy: top with cheese of choice) With a spatula start loosening the edges because you will be folding your omelette soon..
- Once loose, fold egg mix to cover your filling. Half moon or like pigs in a blanket, your choice . Remove from heat. And serve. I like inner part of egg mix still creamy, if this is not your taste, let it stay longer on pan. Careful not to burn, so flip to other side..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!