Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not).
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not):
- Prepare of (if small) eggs, whisked.
- Prepare of Soy milk (option w/dairy, whatever milk you like).
- Make ready of nutmeg powder.
- Make ready of Cooking oil.
- Take of small red onion, diced.
- Prepare of diced bell pepper or capsicum.
- Prepare of tomato, sliced.
- Make ready of dried mixed herbs (can be Italian mix).
- Take of Salt & Pepper.
- Take of Butter (optional or use non dairy).
- Make ready of Shavings of mozzarella (optional! If w/dairy, whatever cheese you like).
Steps to make Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not):
- Crack egg/s in bowl, add dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk slightly. Add milk of choice. Whisk until frothy on top. Set aside..
- In hot oil of choice (use 1/4-1/2 of Tbsp), sauté onions and capsicum til onions are transparent..
- Slice tomato in half and squeeze juice on pan. Slice in desired size and add to the pan. (Optional for w/dairy: add your butter, to taste) Sprinkle dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper, according to your liking. Mix well. Remove from pan after 2 mins in low heat and set aside..
- Whisk egg mix again. In same pan, add remaining oil, tip side to side and watch oil run through all surfaces of the pan. Using the same pan attaches the flavor to the egg mix. Heat 1 minute in low setting..
- Add egg mixture to hot pan. Tip from side to side to spread to your desired diameter. Leave alone while in low heat..
- You'll see upper side of egg change from liquidy to creamy looking. Add your tomato filling by this time. Middle or half of the circle, your choice, which is easier to fold. (Optional for w/dairy: top with cheese of choice) With a spatula start loosening the edges because you will be folding your omelette soon..
- Once loose, fold egg mix to cover your filling. Half moon or like pigs in a blanket, your choice . Remove from heat. And serve. I like inner part of egg mix still creamy, if this is not your taste, let it stay longer on pan. Careful not to burn, so flip to other side..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food herbed tomato & onion omelette – dairy free (or not) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!