Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones. Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones.
Break up margarine into the dry ingredient until there are no large lumps of margarine remaining. Add apple and raisins and mix together. Once golden, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack, Meanwhile, combine ground cinnamon, icing sugar, and soy milk to get a glaze. You can cook Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones
- Prepare 2 cups of bread flour.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoons of baking powder.
- It’s .5 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar in the raw.
- You need .5 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of quick oats.
- Prepare 8 ounces of margarine (1 stick).
- You need 1/2 of granny smith apple.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 3/4 cup of almond milk.
Prep the ingredients and slice the apple in the meanwhile. Toss the apple with maple syrup in a bowl and set aside. These Vegan Apple Scones have crisp cinnamon-sugar tops with bits of sweet apple peeking through. Healthier than traditional scones, these are dairy-free, oil-free, lightly sweet, and very satisfying thanks to oat flour.
Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones instructions
- Core, peel and chop apple.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and oats in a bowl. Mix together..
- Add margarine..
- Break up margarine into the dry ingredient until there are no large lumps of margarine remaining..
- Add apple and raisins and mix together..
- Add milk and mix until incorporated. This will be a wetter dough than the typical scone..
- Put some flour on a flat surface..
- Place dough onto flour and sprinkle top of dough with more flour..
- Using your hands, rotate and pat the sides of the dough until you have formed a column. Have some flour to the side to go back for more on your hands, you will need it..
- Lift up the column and sprinkle more flour on your surface. Flatten the column into a disc, pat the sides and rotate as you need to make a circle.
- Cut the circle in half.
- Cut the half circle into three pieces.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Place on parchment lined, or slightly greased cookie sheet. (Use the wrapper off the stick of margarine. This is perfect for that.).
- Bake at 350F 25-35 minutes until done. Ovens vary, being off-grid it takes mine 40 minutes. See my French Bread recipe if you are interested in how I bake off-grid..
- Nutritional Info: Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value calories 375 Total Fat 11 g 16 % Saturated Fat 2 g 11 % Monounsaturated Fat 3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g Trans Fat 2 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 837 mg 35 % Potassium 103 mg 3 % Total Carbohydrate 60 g 20 % Dietary Fiber 2 g 9 % Sugars 21 g Protein 7 g 15 % Vitamin A 15 % Vitamin C 2 % Calcium 19 % Iron 13 %.
Try them drizzled with the easy maple glaze and dunked in a tall glass of almond milk! Healthy apple cinnamon scones made with oat flour, almond flour and fresh apples make for the perfect fall breakfast! These vegan apple scones are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and filled with warm, cozy spices. Gluten free, oil free & refined sugar free option. These hearty but tender vegan scones are gently sweet, but I like to add a little crunchy coconut sugar on the tops for an extra oomph of indulgence.