Peanut Butter Cup Cake. Prepare the cake batter according to the package instructions. Pour into the bottom of a jumbo silicone cupcake mold and bake until a tester comes. Set aside on wire rack and let cool before removing from pans.
Peanut Butter Cup Cake- a fudgy and moist chocolate cake topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting and mini peanut butter cups. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners, or grease and flour cups. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. You can cook Peanut Butter Cup Cake using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- You need of Batter.
- It’s 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of package light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of container sour cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare of Peanut Butter Frosting.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of creamy peanut butter.
- It’s 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding mix.
- It’s as needed of Reeses candy for decoration.
Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake – a fudgy chocolate cake with creamy peanut butter filling and a rich chocolate frosting…then I topped it with tons of peanut butter cups and melted chocolate! This chocolate peanut butter cake recipe is so delicious, you'll have your family begging for more!
Peanut Butter Cup Cake instructions
- Spray a pan with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Melt chocolate chips. (Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stir). Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer. beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed for 5 minutes..
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda. and salt.
- Add flour, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add in hot water (it will look watery).
- Divide cake batter evenly into 3 cake pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake is firm when gently pressed on top. Let cool for 10 mins then remove from pans to cool completely..
- To make frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in half the powdered sugar and half the milk.
- Beat in remaining powdered sugar. remaining milk, instant pudding mix.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving platter. Spread frosting on top, layer another cake, frost, layer last cake and frost. I reserved 3/4 cup of frosting to decorate..
- Decorate with Reeses candy!.
When cake and filling are cooled, spread the filling with the peanut butter cups in it on top of one of the cakes. Place the other cake on top of the filling. Using the reserved filling (without the peanut butter cups) spread a thin layer on the entire outside of the cake. Place in the fridge until the fudge is set and firm to the touch. Place the final cake layer on top face-down.