Almond Butter Scones. Fresh almond scones are the answer to the favorite bakery croissant. Flaky layers of butter and perfect crumb, these flavorful baked treats are topped with slivered sugared almonds and go wonderfully with a cup of coffee or tea! One of my favorite bakery treats is a warm almond croissant.
The mixture is done when it resembles coarse cornmeal. Add the almonds, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom in a large bowl and whisk until combined. You can cook Almond Butter Scones using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Butter Scones
- It’s 1/3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Almond Flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of almond butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of steal cut oats, not instant.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flax, chia, almond slices.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Add butter and work with your hands until the mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest and whisk until very fragrant and well-combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (highly recommended!) or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Almond Butter Scones step by step
- Mix oats with enough water just to wet them and set aside to soak.
- Mix additionaldry.
- Beat egg, butter, coconut oil with sugar.
- Mix dry with Egg/Sugar mix, then with oatmeal and Almond butter.
- Scoop into 2-3in rounds on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10mins at 400°.
Making almond flour scones is SUPER simple. Cut it like a pizza, arrange on a baking sheet, and bake. These Almond Scones have been a family favorite since the first time I made them. They start with a base of delicious buttermilk scones, stuffed full of chopped almond paste. The scones are soft and fluffy, with a simple yet complex flavor of almond extract.