Potato Scones (Eggless). Great recipe for Potato Scones (Eggless). These are great with carrot soup or any soup really. You can use left over mashed potatoes too.
These egg free scones are not only for people with egg allergies, they can be enjoyed by those who do not have allergies too. I hope that you will enjoy baking with this egg free scone recipe. Eggless Scones: You don't have to be English or relish tea to make scones/tea biscuits and enjoy them. You can cook Potato Scones (Eggless) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Scones (Eggless)
- You need 1 of large potato (or 2 small).
- You need 75 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 20 grams of butter, softened to room temp.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of caraway or dill seeds (optional).
- You need 2 Tbsp of grated cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, etc)- optional.
Also scones can be made in no time, given that you don't even have to bring the butter to room temperature. Check out this list for amazing egg free scone recipes. When it is still hot, mash it along with butter with a fork. Add all purpose flour and make a thick batter.
Potato Scones (Eggless) step by step
- Cook potatoes in their skins until soft. Drain and mash..
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C..
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut up butter into small pies and mix into flour with hands until you get a sandy/crumbly texture..
- Mix in caraway/dill seeds and cheese here if using..
- Add mashed potatoes and work into the dough. Add a tablespoon of milk if needed to help make dough formable (might not need milk if using leftover mashed potatoes that are creamy)..
- Roll out in into a plump cylinder and cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Form each into scones, place on a greased baking sheet (or on wax paper). Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown..
Here is a collection of baking and cooking recipes using potato as one of the ingredients. This page will be updated on regular basis. Scones in general are served for breakfast along with clotted cream and jam. You can also serve them for brunch and snack. To a bowl combine non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and ground flax seed.