Rich Blueberry Scones. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. MAY BE CUT AS DESIRED TO CREATE DIFFERENT SHAPES AND SIZES.
Add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and whisk to combine. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. These blueberry scones are rich, tender and always moist! You can cook Rich Blueberry Scones using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich Blueberry Scones
- You need 3 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of cold butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of plus 1 tablespoon light cream.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of blueberries, lightly floured.
The fresh blueberries are folded in at the end so that they don't squish and you end up with pockets of blueberries bursting with flavor! Add a little clotted cream and jam, and you've got yourself a perfect tea time snack! THE BEST Blueberry Scones Cream: Heavy cream adds moisture and fat to the dough, which keeps the scones tender and gives them a rich flavor. Lemon: There's a double-dose of lemon zest in this recipe; it's mixed into the dough and rubbed into sugar to be sprinkled on top.
Rich Blueberry Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease large cookie sheet..
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until it looks like coarse crumbs..
- In a small bowl, with fork, beat 1 cup of cream and eggs until blended. Make a well in center of flour mixture and pour in cream and eggs. Stir until combined. Add 1 cup blueberries and stir until combined..
- Turn dough onto cookie sheet, dough will be sticky. With floured hands, pat dough into 9" round. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon of cream over dough and sprinkle with sugar. With floured knife, cut dough into 8 wedges. Do not separate..
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes, transfer to wire rack. Separate wedges and service warm..
The lemon adds brightness and really makes the blueberry flavor sing, so don't skip it. Artificially flavored blueberry scone dough with a dense flaky texture and just the right amount of sweetness. They're buttery and moist with crisp crumbly edges and soft flaky centers. Crunchy coarse sugar and creamy vanilla icing are the perfect finishing touches! Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of peas.