Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes. Savory Scones With Sun Dried Tomatoes, Olives And Goat Cheese Dress up brunch or dinner with a batch of buttery scones made with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and crumbled goat cheese. These savory scones are tender, flaky and delicious! Sprinkle some coarse sugar on the parchment paper.
Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and rosemary. Most scones suffer from being too sweet. I went to the other side—to the savory scone side. You can have Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes
- You need 2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of frozen butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated unpack asiago cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes.
You can find sun-dried tomatoes in the dried fruit section, which I like better for this recipe than the jarred kind. This way, you're just adding the dried tomatoes, not any oil or extra liquid. Add the goat cheese, buttermilk, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley, and pulse until the mixture just begins to combine. (It should still look shaggy and dry, but squish together when you press it with your fingers.) With a pastry blender (or two knives), cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, stir together the milk, eggs, and hot pepper sauce.
Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all dried ingredients in mixing bowl. (You can choose any spices you like, basil, rosemary, thyme. Heck mix it all and see what comes out. As for sun dried tomatoes, add enough where it looks like it's distributed. Also try onions).
- Mix yogurt and eggs in a separate cup. I just use the measuring cup in which I just use to measure out the yogurt and crack the egg on top.
- Grate about 1/3 stick of butter on course setting directly into four and mix with flour as you go to prevent sticking. Use your finger to breakup the chunks of butter and with the flour in. Add in dining grated cheese..
- Pour cream mixture into flour mixture and mix until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (It'll seem like there is not enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together).
- Place on a cutting board (may need to be lightly floured) and pat into a loaf Use a sharp knife to cut into triangles.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 -17 minutes.
Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Sun Dried Tomato and Herb Scones are a buttery and flaky savory scone studded with sun dried tomatoes and fresh herbs. These savory Mediterranean scones are tender and fluffy, full of flavor with feta cheese, soft sun-dried tomatoes and a mixture of salty olives. They are a great breakfast or snack. I highly recommend using one for a fried egg sandwich!