Easy Crispy Scones (5-minute Dough). I love scones, but all the recipes seem like too much work. I don't like my hands dirty, either. But I want to eat easy scones at home.
Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. The ideal scone should be crisp outside and flaky inside; it should not be cake-like in texture. Scones are made from a few simple, basic ingredients, but it's the way those ingredients are worked together that separates the ordinary from the exceptional scone. You can have Easy Crispy Scones (5-minute Dough) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Crispy Scones (5-minute Dough)
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 50 grams of Margarine.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg (medium).
Lee tells you exactly what to do to produce a perfect dough, and even tells you. Cut each circle into six equal triangles. Or plop the dough in mounds onto the baking sheet. Brush with a bit of milk and top with coarse sparkling sugar.
Easy Crispy Scones (5-minute Dough) step by step
- (Take out the cookie sheets) Preheat the oven to 200℃!! Try not to forget about the preheating, since the dough will be ready in no time….
- In a bowl, combine the cake flour and baking powder, and stir with a whisk for about 20 strokes (instead of sifting the dry ingredients)..
- In a separate bowl, add the margarine and sugar and mix with a whisk..
- Crack the egg into the bowl from Step 3 and mix it all together..
- Add the dry ingredients from Step 2 into the Step 4 bowl and mix in a cutting motion with a rubber spatula until incorporated. It is fine if it looks crumbly..
- Put the dough together, place it on top of a dusted parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Make the dough 2-2.5 cm thick with your hands, and cut with a knife into 4 equal pieces..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. If you are using a toaster oven, check it at 12-13 minutes after you start baking..
- Once the surface is golden brown, it is done..
- Serve it with whipped cream, sour cream, or jam if desired, and enjoy. I normally eat it with honey….
- This scone has 1/2 of a chocolate bar. Add the coarsely chopped chocolate at Step 5 and mix. Do not over-mix it!.
Flour your hands and shape a chunk of dough into a disc. A larger disc will make a larger, more moist scone. A smaller disc will make a smaller, drier scone. Gently pat the edges of the scone to make it round. In order to create just a bit of an outer crust and a little bit of structure for the scones, create a few folds in the dough.