Spanish potato omelette. There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Chopped tomatoes and green onions lend even more flavor and color. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes.
Made from potatoes, eggs and onions, tortilla can be served at any time of day, either warm or cold. Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes). This potato omelette is one of Spain´s most famous dishes, enjoyed from coast to coast and made in almost every Spanish kitchen.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, spanish potato omelette. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Chopped tomatoes and green onions lend even more flavor and color. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes.
Spanish potato omelette is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Spanish potato omelette is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have spanish potato omelette using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish potato omelette:
- Prepare 500 g of potatoes.
- Make ready 4 of eggs.
- Take 500 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Get to taste of Salt,.
- Take 1/2 of onion (optional).
You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and you can eat it warm or cold. Spanish Potato Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) Spanish Potato Omelette (Spanish Tortilla) is perfect served hot or cold, and so easy to make! Crispy, fried potatoes and eggs make up this popular Spanish Tortilla recipe, perfect for picnics, parties, bbq's, or your traditional Tapas menu! Add potatoes and onions; they should gently (but not vigorously) bubble in the oil.
Steps to make Spanish potato omelette:
- Wash and cut the potatoes into very thin slices..
- Dice the onion (if you don’t like onion, you can skip this step and leave onion out of the recipe altogether)..
- Mix the potatoes and onion together with a bit of salt..
- Heat a good amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and, once hot, add the potatoes and onions. Fry them on a high heat for few minutes, then lower the temperature. Stir occasionally so that the potatoes don’t stick. Once the potatoes have taken on a golden-brown colour, remove the pan from the heat and drain the mixture..
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the eggs to the potatoes and onion and mix well..
- Heat two small tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a pan and add the egg, potato and onion mixture. As before, cook on a high heat for a few minutes, then lower the temperature right down so that the inside of the omelette can cook..
- When the omelette has finished cooking on one side, flip it over using a flat plate so that you can cook the other side..
- Put another two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in the pan and then return the omelette to the pan to fry the other side..
- When the omelette is golden brown on both sides, remove it from the heat. Now it's ready to eat! .
- You could serve it with a delicious mayonnaise and a little mustard. If you want to give your omelette an original and tasty touch, try adding a tablespoon of caramelized onion when beating the egg..
- And if you want the middle of your omelette to be creamier, try frying a few thin slices of courgette with the potatoes. You’ll really notice a difference! We recommend you serve this recipe with Fruits of the Forest Pudding which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain..
Set a fine-mesh strainer over a heatproof bowl and drain potatoes and onions of excess oil. Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside). Continue frying potatoes on a medium heat, only turning with a spatula every few minutes so potatoes will brown and be less likely to stick. Continue to fry until potatoes are tender all the way through. In fact, tortilla de patatas is a name for the traditional Spanish Omelette made with potatoes and onions (sometimes without them).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spanish potato omelette recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!