Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream. Remove them from the oven and let them cool fully. Cut the scones horizontally in half. Spread with some cream cheese or clotted cream and marmalade.
While scones are baking, whip coconut cream with honey until light and fluffy. Eat just warm or cold on the day of baking, generously topped with jam and clotted cream. Cool slightly and serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam. You can cook Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream
- Prepare 375 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 95 grams of butter.
- You need 25 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s of semi skimmed milk.
- It’s of strawberry jam.
- It’s 1 packages of clotted cream.
If you have not tasted a scone with jam and Clotted or Devon cream, you have missed out on one amazing treat. These thick creams are absolutely delicious, and are best explained as a cross between ice cream and butter. Imported from the UK, This Clotted Cream is a little more creamy and less buttery than clotted cream. Afternoon Tea Scones served with clotted cream and jam, the finest British tea time treats.
Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream instructions
- Rub the butter and the flour together until a breadcrumb-like consistency, then add the sugar and mix..
- Pour a little bit of milk in at a time and bring together until you have formed a dough ball.
- Onto a floured surface, knead the dough til it's about half an inch thick and cut out using a fairly tiny (sorry, don't know measurements!!) scone cutter..
- Place scones evenly onto a greased baking tray. Glaze with egg wash and a sprinkle of sugar and bake in the oven at 160°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden..
- Once cooked and cooled, cut the scones in half, spreading jam on one side and clotted cream on the other and place back together..
- Serve as required. A little icing sugar for decoration is recommended..
What would a true English tea time be without these mouthwatering scones? Heavenly rich and fluffy, hard to resist not having one too many. These scones are so easy to make from scratch with a few simple ingredients. These English Style Scones bake up light, tall and fluffy, and are a wonderful treat for breakfast or afternoon tea. Spread them with jam, clotted cream, butter, or simply eat them plain.