Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones. Mix the lemon juice with the confectioners' until dissolved in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water for the double-boiler method, or in a microwave-safe bowl. These lemon blueberry scones are actually pretty easy. First, mix the dry ingredients together.
Lemon Blueberry Scones with a Lemon Glaze is an Easy Scone Recipe for Every Season! Moist and flavorful, sweet and tangy, these Lemon Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze are definitely my best scone recipe! Mix the lemon juice and confectioners' sugar together in a microwave-safe bowl. You can have Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones
- It’s 8-16 of servings.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- It’s of Lemon Glaze Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need Pinch of lemon zest.
Add the lemon zest and butter. Whisk the glaze to smooth out any lumps, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones. Let it set a minute before serving. Blueberry Scones with lemon glaze have the ideal balance of sweetness and tang.
Glazed Lemon Blueberry Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- In your stand mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt..
- Cut cold butter into 1 inch cubes, put on top of dry ingredients..
- Using your paddle attachment to work up to medium speed, beat butter with dry ingredients until butter has crumbled into smaller pieces and mixture is consistent. This might take a few minutes- be patient! You can stop halfway through, use a fork to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix up the butter a bit more if needed..
- Stir in milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest until moistened..
- Pat dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Gently fold in blueberries, being careful not to squish too much..
- By hand, shape dough into a rectangle, about one inch thick. Cut roughly down the middle to divide into two squares. Cut a criss cross diagonally through both squares to get 8 large scones. *To get 16 smaller scones, cut each triangle in half. The scones will bake up slightly bigger, and they're the perfect size for a snack or with breakfast..
- Place onto parchment-lined cookie sheet, about one to two inches apart..
- For 8 large scones, bake 15-17 min or until golden brown..
- For 16 small scones, adjust baking time to 11-13 min or until golden brown..
- To make the lemon glaze, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Add a little more or less lemon juice to get the consistency you like. Drizzle over cooled scones..
They're made with REAL lemon and fresh blueberries. You can enjoy them as an on-the-go breakfast-or serve them at a fancy brunch or tea party. Instructions In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. These scones are SO easy to make!