Easy Low Calorie Scones. Why not trying serving with this a crushed strawberry filling and you will only need a small dollop of low fat cream or crème fraiche. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles coarse crumbs.
For a sweeter scone, drizzle with the optional scone glaze. Whether it's tea time or dinner time, these scone recipes are perfect for any occassion. Our first recipe is Toasted Almond and Cherry Scones. You can cook Easy Low Calorie Scones using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Low Calorie Scones
- It’s 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Milk.
Substitute an equal amount of chopped pistachios or walnuts for the almonds, if you prefer. To prepare the scones, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter (highly recommended!) or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Make a well in the center.
Easy Low Calorie Scones instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Check the stickiness of the dough and add the milk as necessary..
- When the dough has come together, roll it out to a thickness of around 1 cm. Dust the work surface and your hands with flour to prevent the dough from sticking..
- Fold it over then roll it out. Do this a few times..
- Cut the dough into your preferred sizes..
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 20 minutes..
If you would like lemon blueberry scones, add in a little lemon zest. You could also try orange zest. If you don't have buttermilk, use plain yogurt mixed with a bit of milk to thin it down. Low-Fat Lemon Sunshine Scones Typically scones are slightly dryer than a biscuit, but you'll find with this recipe the scones aren't dry at all. K. they are often enjoyed at tea time with a hot beverage and clotted cream, butter, or jam.