Egg, Dairy, and Sugar-free Crispy Scones. These vegan chocolate chip scones are delicious flaky British scones made egg-free and dairy-free for a comforting vegan breakfast. Bonus, you can make these vegan scones with coconut oil or vegan butter! Coconut Scones AKA The Best Vegan Scones Ever!
Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round or use a rolling pin. SCONES (Egg Free) Scones are a single serving quick cakes that make a classic accompaniment to your cup of tea. You can cook Egg, Dairy, and Sugar-free Crispy Scones using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg, Dairy, and Sugar-free Crispy Scones
- It’s 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 35 grams of Whole wheat cake flour.
- You need 20 grams of Katakuriko.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 30 grams of Safflower oil.
- Prepare 50 ml of Unprocessed soy milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Maple syrup.
Lightly sweetened these cakes are best served with jam and some whipped cream if you fancy. Add the flour, sugar and butter to a large bowl, and rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the dairy free spread to the bowl and rub into the flour with the tips of your fingers.
Egg, Dairy, and Sugar-free Crispy Scones step by step
- Sift the cake flour, whole wheat flour, katakuriko, baking powder and salt into a bowl. I used a sieve with a handle..
- Swirl in the safflower oil. Rub everything together with your hands to mix..
- When the mixture becomes crumbly, add the maple syrup and soy milk, and continue to mix..
- When the dough comes together, remove it from the bowl. Form it into a round, then wrap in plastic wrap and roll out into a disk..
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Divide it into 8 slices, and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 190℃. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness of the dough..
Mix in the milk and stir with a spoon until it comes together into a dough (add more milk if necessary, probably a good idea if using gluten free. This simple vegan scones recipe requires only a few basic store-cupboard ingredients. For the dough, I used spelt flour, fine oats, baking powder, a pinch of salt, coconut sugar, lemon juice, plant milk, vanilla extract and unsweetened apple sauce instead of regular eggs. Eggless Scones: You don't have to be English or relish tea to make scones/tea biscuits and enjoy them. Also scones can be made in no time, given that you don't even have to bring the butter to room temperature.