Quad Cities style Pizza Dough.
You can cook Quad Cities style Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quad Cities style Pizza Dough
- You need of sifted bread flour or 00 pizza flour.
- Prepare of Anthony's Premium Dry Malt Flour (malted wheat flour).
- It’s of sea salt.
- Prepare of warm water (120-140°).
- Prepare of dark brown sugar.
- It’s of dry yeast.
Quad Cities style Pizza Dough step by step
- Stir yeast and brown sugar into water and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Mix flour, malt and salt in a large bowl. Anthony's is available from Amazon..
- Pour water into flour mix and begin kneading until all flour is incorporated and forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes..
- Turn out dough onto a flour dusted silicone baking sheet. Punch down and dust with more flour. Form into a loaf then divide into thirds. Roll each into its own ball. Dust the surface again and lightly cover with plastic wrap and let sit at least three hours, overnight is better..
- Working with one crust at a time, uncover dough ball and cleave off one fourth of ball. Dusting with flour as needed, begin stretching and rolling the cut off portion to form a 1/4 inch x 40 inch rope. This will be the crust edge..
- Using a floured rolling pin, flipping and dusting as needed, stretch out the dough to form a 14 inch circle. Wet your finger in water and go around the outer edge to begin attaching the dough rope. Fold in outer edge and pinch..
- Dust a pizza peel with corn meal and transfer completed dough to peel. The corn meal acts as marbles to transfer the completed pizza to the oven. Add pizza sauce leaving the edges un covered. Add toppings then cover with mozzarella slices. Traditional toppings for Quad Cities style pizza are Italian sausage, sliced mushrooms, sliced black olives, diced onions, and chopped bell peppers. I like to add crushed pineapple to add some sweetness. Pepperoni should be placed on top of the cheese..
- Transfer pizza to a preheated 500° oven and place on pizza stone. Cook time is 5 to 7 minutes..
- For an added flavor twist, substitute 1 cup apple juice for 1 cup water..